To the Husky Band Drum Major/Drumline Academy site! Here is where you can find more information about this 3-day camp and register for it!
Dates: June 19-21, 2014
Double-K Retreat Center
620 Tall Timber Trail
Easton, WA 98925
***Click Here to See Pictures of Double-K Facilities***
2013 Drum Major Participants 2013 Drumline Participants
This intensive camp is for the highly motivated high school student who is looking for a fun, high-energy instructional experience. The Husky Band Drum Major/Drumline Academy is limited in size to 30 drum majors and 36 percussionists so as to provide each camper with a small student/instructor ratio allowing the camp staff to effectively diagnose and apply instructional methods based on the strengths, and weaknesses of each student.
Drum Major participants will receive instruction in the following areas:
- Effective teaching and cleaning of marching fundamentals
- Effective teaching and cleaning of drill
- Parade management
- Conducting [participants are encouraged to bring scores for their 2014 show(s)]
- Traditional mace twirling including tips on choreography
Campers participating in the drumline component of the camp will be instructed and rehearsed primarily from a drumline setting.
Drumline participants will receive instruction in the following areas:
- Performance fundamentals appropriate to the contemporary drumline
- Effective running of a drumline sectional rehearsal
- Defining and cleaning drumline marching fundamentals
- Visual techniques
*Drumline participants should have prior marching percussion experience and capable of playing rhythms comparable to a minimum of grade 4 repertoire.
Cost of Academy
Full-Time Camper: $245.00 (Includes Academy T-Shirt, Housing, Meals and All Instructional Materials)
Commuter Camper: $175.00 (Does not include Housing, Breakfast, Dinners and Evening Instructional Periods)
Band Directors: $150.00 (Includes Academy T-Shirt, Housing, Meals and All Instructional Materials)